Ivan Derun PhD (Economics), Assistant Professor,
Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv
90A Vasilkivska Str., Kyiv, 03022, Ukraine email@example.com
Risk identification in the company’s accounting system
Abstract. Introduction. The study is important due to risks occurring in the company’s accounting system. Risks are caused by a complex of external and internal threats for business. The purpose of the article is to suggest and improve the classification of risks in accounting theory and finance. Methods. The methods of accounting, probability theory, financial management and financial analysis are used in the paper. Results. The author undertakes a critical analysis of the essence of risks in finance and accounting. The author has offered his definition of risks. The study reveals many classifications of risks on various features and proposes own grouping of risks in the accounting system of the enterprise which is based on the proposed classification. The article deals with a system of indicators which can be used to predict the presence of external and internal risks to the company. Identification of risks in the system of accounting within the author approach has been realised to the regional energy supplier PJSC "DTEK Dniproenergo". It has been found that in 2013-2014 the risks of external and internal character were growing. Conclusions. A critical analysis of risks, its classification by different features and identification of risks enable managers to increase the quality of data in financial and non-financial statements. This, in turn, improves the management system of companies.
References 1. Aman, A., & Rahman, E. Z. E. A. (2011). Managing Relational Risks in Accounting Outsourcing: Experiences of Small Firm. World Applied Sciences Journal, 15 (1), 56-62. Retrieved from http://www.idosi.org/wasj/wasj15(1)11/9.pdf
2.Blank, I. A. (2005). Financial Risk Management. Kiyv: Nika-Centr (in Russ.).
3. Volosovich, S. V. (2013). Insurance of Кisks in Credit Sphere. Kyiv: KNUTE (in Ukr.).
4. Gul, F. A., Zhou, G. (S.), & Zhu, X. (K). (2013). Investor Protection, Firm Informational Problems, Big N Auditors, and Cost of Debt around the World. AUDITING: A Journal of Practice & Theory, 32(3), 1-30. doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.2308/ajpt-50462
5. Kaminska, T. H., & Kolesnikova, O. M. (2014). Financial Risk Management Accounting. Accounting and Finance, 1(63), 20-25. Retrieved from http://www.afj.org.ua/en/article/139 (in Ukr.)
6. Khan, M. M. & Bhatti, M. I. (2008) Development in Islamic Banking: a Financial Risk-allocation Approach. The Journal of Risk Finance, 9 (1), 40-51. doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.1108/15265940810842401
7. Khurana, I. K., & Raman, K. K. (2004). Litigation risk and the financial reporting credibility of big 4 versus non-big 4 audits: evidence from Anglo-American countries. The Accounting Review, 79 (2), 473-495. doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.2308/accr.2004.79.2.473
8. Manfred, G., & Kellezi, E. (2006). An Application of Extreme Value Theory for Measuring Financial Risk. Computational Economics, 27, 207-228. doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s10614-006-9025-7
9. Markowitz, H. (1952). Portfolio Selection. Journal of Finance, 7, 77-91. doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.1111/j.1540-6261.1952.tb01525.x
10. Nichita, M. (2015). Regression Model for Risk Reporting in Financial Statements of Accounting Services Entities. SEA - Practical Application of Sciences, 3(2), 101-107. Retrieved from http://www.sea.bxb.ro/Article/SEA_8_14.pdf
11. Nichita, M., & Turlea, C. (2015). Approach Regarding a Framework for Risk Reporting in Order to Enhance the Related Good Practices. Amfiteatru Economic, 40 (17), 1108-1121. Retrieved from http://www.amfiteatrueconomic.ro/temp/Article_2456.pdf
12. Sunder, S. (2015). Risk in Accounting. Abacus, 4(51), 536-548. doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.1111/abac.12060
13. Smetanko, O. (2014). Improving the Process of Identification and Response by the Internal Audit Service. Ekonomicnij Casopis-XXI (Economic Annals-XXI), 11-12, 135-139. (in Ukr.)
14. Fomina O., & Goncharenko, O. (2015). Enterprise’s Risks Assessment in Accounting. Ekonomicnij Casopis-XXI (Economic Annals-XXI), 3-4 (2), 67-70. (in Ukr.).
15. Shevelev, A. E., & Aheveleva E. V. (2011). Accounting Risks. Moscow: KNORUS (in Russ.).
16. Shevelev, A. E. (2014). Accounting Risks in Modern Enterprise. Vestnik Ugnouralskoho Gosudarsvennogo Universiteta. Economika i Menedzhment (Herald of South Ural State University. Economics and Management), 4(8), 68-71 (in Russ.).
17. Schiff, J., Schiff, A., & Rozen, H. (2012). Accounting for Contingencies: Disclosure of Future Business Risks. Management Accounting Quarterly, 13(3), 1-8. Retrieved from https://www.questia.com/library/journal/1G1-298614233/accounting-for-contingencies-disclosure-of-future
18. ISO 31000:2009. Risk Management – Principles and Guidelines, (2009). Retrieved from http://www.iso.org/iso/catalogue_detail?csnumber=43170
19. The Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine (2010). Conceptual Framework of Financial Reporting. Retrieved from http://zakon3.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/929_009/paran76#n76 (in Ukr.).
20. The Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine (2012). IAS 1 "Presentation of Financial Reporting", (2012). Retrieved from http://zakon3.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/929_013 (in Ukr.).
21. G4 Sustainability, Reporting, Guidelines. Reporting Principles and Standard Disclosure, (2013). Retrieved from https://www.globalreporting.org/resourcelibrary/Russian-G4-Part-One.pdf